Milestone AV Technologies, and its affiliated corporations and subsidiaries (collectively, "Milestone"), intend to make this manual accurate and complete. However, Milestone makes
no claim that the information contained herein covers all details, conditions or variations, nor does it provide for every possible contingency in connection with the installation or use
of this product. The information contained in this document is subject to change without notice or obligation of any kind. Milestone makes no representation of warranty, expressed or
implied, regarding the information contained herein. Milestone assumes no responsibility for accuracy, completeness or sufficiency of the information contained in this document.
Chief Manufacturing, a products division of Milestone AV Technologies
8401 Eagle Creek Parkway, Savage, MN 55378
• P: 800.582.6480 / 952.894.6280 • F:877.894.6918 / 952.894.6918
©2009 Milestone AV Technologies,
a Duchossois Group Company
SSB-196, SSM-196, SLB-196 and SLM-196 Interface Brackets
SSB-196, SSM-196, SLB-196 and SLM-196 Interface Brackets are designed for use with Chief® Series Projector Mounts. See the specific
installation instructions provided with the mount for additional installation information.
Unpack carton and verify kit contents. If any listed parts are missing, immediately contact a Chief Customer Service representative.
WARNING: IMPROPER INSTALLATION CAN LEAD TO EQUIPMENT FALLING CAUSING SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY AND
DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT! DO NOT substitute hardware. Use only hardware supplied by manufacturer!
WARNING: OVER TIGHTENING OF SCREWS CAN DAMAGE PARTS AND CAN LEAD TO SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY AND
DAMAGE TO EQUPIMENT! DO NOT over tighten screws when installing interface brackets.
NOTE: Step 1 is only required when installing an SLB/SSB interface bracket. If an SLM/SSM bracket is being installed, proceed to step 2.
1. Screw thumb screws onto 10-24 x 5/8" Phillips pan head screws. DO NOT fully tighten thumb screws at this time.
2. Turn projector upside down on a flat surface.
3. Place 1/2" nylon spacers over the threaded inserts in the bottom of the projector.
4. Place the interface bracket onto the 1/2" nylon spacers on the bottom of the projector and align the mounting holes in the bracket with the
5. Place and screw M4 x 20mm pan head screws with M4 washers into the side holes and the M4 x 20mm flat head screw into the counter
sink hole. Tighten all fasteners at this time, securing the bracket to the projector.
NOTE: Security screws can be substituted when mounting interface bracket to projector by using the parts and installation instructions in the
All-Points Security Kit.
Chief® is a registered trademark of Milestone AV Technologies. All rights reserved.
(1) Interface Bracket (2) Screw, Phillips Pan Head, M4 x 20mm
(4) 10-24 Thumb Nuts ** (1) Screw, Phillips Flat Head, M4 x 20mm
(1) All-Points Security Kit (2) Washer, Flat , M4
(3) Spacer, Nylon, 1/2" x .194 x 1/2"
**Only used when installing SLB/SSB interface brackets.
NOTE: Specific to SSB-style and SSM-style interface bracket installation, all appropriate screws come pre-installed as reflected in the
encircled locations above. DO NOT attempt to substitute and USE ONLY this pre-installed hardware for SSB-style and SSM-style
interface bracket installation.