31-10585 12-03 JR
24” Gas Built-In
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions and warnings
completely and carefully.
IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF
• This product must be installed by a licensed
plumber or gas fitter.
• When using ball-type gas shut-off valves,
they shall be the T-handle type.
• A flexible gas connector, when used, must
not exceed 3 feet.
IMPORTANT — Save these
instructions for local inspector’s use.
IMPORTANT — Observe all
governing codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer – Be sure to leave these
instructions with the Consumer.
• Note to Consumer – Keep these
instructions for future reference.
• Skill level – Installation of this appliance
requires basic mechanical skills.
• Completion time – 1 to 3 hours
• Proper installation is the responsibility of
• Product failure due to improper installation
is not covered under the Warranty.
WARNING — This appliance must
be properly grounded.
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
WARNING — If the information
in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire,
explosion, or gas leak may result, causing
property damage, personal injury or death.
DO NOT STORE OR USE GASOLINE OR
OTHER FLAMMABLE VAPORS AND LIQUIDS
IN THE VICINITY OF THIS OR ANY OTHER
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch; do not
use any phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a
neighbor’s phone. Follow the gas supplier’s
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call
the fire department. Installation and service
must be performed by a qualified installer,
service agency or the gas supplier.
• Be sure your oven is installed properly by
a qualified installer or service technician.
• Be sure the oven is securely installed in a
cabinet that is firmly attached to the house
structure. Weight on the oven door could
cause the oven to tip, resulting in serious
personal injury or death. Never allow
anyone to climb, sit, lean, stand or hang
on the oven door.
Questions? Call 800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or Visit our Website at: www.GEAppliances.com