OTHER CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
This product is intended for household use only.
This product is only intended for the preparation, cooking, and serv-
ing of foods. This product is not intended for use with any non-food
materials or products.
WARNING! Shock Hazard: This appliance has a polarized plug (one
wide blade) that reduces the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only
one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of
the plug by modifying the plug in any way or using an adaptor. If the
plug does not fit, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an elec-
trician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce
the hazards of becoming tangled in, or tripping over a longer cord.
If a longer cord is necessary an approved extension cord may be
used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to
or greater than the rating of the appliance. Care must be taken to
arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the counter-
top or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug,
or base in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by
or near children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or
after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in
any manner. Call our toll-free customer service number for
information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot
surfaces, including stove.
10. Do not place on or near hot gas or an electric burner, or in a
11. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance
containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
12. To disconnect slow cooker, turn control knob to OFF then remove
plug from wall outlet.
13. Caution: To prevent damage or shock hazard do not cook in base.
Cook only in removable crock.
14. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as adding refrigerated
foods into a heated crock.
15. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to
persons, including the following:
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!