SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
OTHER CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons,
including the following:
1. Read all instructions.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug,
or base in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before
putting on or taking off parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appli-
ance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Call our toll-free
customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufac-
turer may cause injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces,
10. Do not place on or near hot gas or an electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil
or other hot liquids.
12. To disconnect slow cooker, turn any control to OFF, then remove plug from
13. Caution: To prevent damage or shock hazard do not cook in base. Cook only
in removable crock.
14. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as adding refrigerated foods into a
15. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
WARNING! Shock Hazard: This appliance has a polarized plug (one wide blade)
that reduces the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized
outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any
way or using an adaptor. If the plug does not fit, reverse the plug. If it still does not
fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards
of becoming tangled in, or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary
an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension
cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the slow cooker. Care must be
taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or
tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
LID AND CROCK:
PRECAUTIONS AND INFORMATION
• Please handle the Crock and Lid carefully to ensure long life.
• Avoid sudden, extreme temperature changes. For example, do not place a hot
Lid or Crock into cold water or on a wet surface.
• Avoid hitting Crock and Lid against a faucet or other hard surface.
• Do not use Crock or Lid if chipped, cracked, or severely scratched.
• Do not use abrasive cleansers or metal scouring pads.
• The bottom of Crock is very rough and can damage a countertop. Use caution.
• The Crock and Lid can become very hot. Use caution. Do not place directly on
any unprotected surface or countertop.
• The Crock is microwave safe and oven proof, but never heat Crock when empty.
Never place Lid on a burner or stove top. Do not place Lid in a microwave oven,
conventional oven, or on a stove top.
REMOVING LID AND CROCK
When removing Lid, tilt so that the opening faces away from you to avoid being
burned by steam.
The sides of the Base of the slow cooker get very warm because the heating
elements are located here. Use the handles on the Base if necessary. Use hot
mitts to remove Crock.
This product is intended for household use only.
This product is only intended for the preparation, cooking, and serving of foods.
This product is not intended for use with any non-food materials or products.